|Why Turkey ?|
growth after China in 2002: 7,8 %)
- A large domestic market: 13 M of consumers with an European purchasing power for a total population of 70 M
- The only country to have signed a Customs Union agreement with the EU (since 1996).
- The most significant regional industrial power (ranked 16th worldwide).
- A reliable local economy: a low inflation rate, a skilled and competitive labour force, a dynamic and dense
industrial network (200 000 SME).
- One of the most liberal foreign exchange regimes in the world
- European Manufacturing quality standard